Monday, May 26, 2008

Planned DVDs releases with Anna Netrebko

DG would plan to release a DVD of the Iolanta performances to be held in July 2009 at Baden-Baden with Anna Netrebko and Rolando Villazón, conducted by Valery Gergiev.

DG would be planning to release a DVD of the I Capuleti e I Montecchi to be held in March and April 2009 at the Royal Opera House Covent Garden with Elina Garanca and Anna Netrebko in the leading roles and Mark Elder conducting.

Finally, it would be on the agenda to try to get together Anna Netrebko and Dmitri Hvorostovsky in the leading roles of War and Peace and Valery Gergiev conducting, allowing the release of a DVD of the performance. Unfortunately, until now this has not be possible because of agenda problems. I would not mind to have to wait for a while, just to have all three of them in such a recording!

2 comments:

  1. I'm assuming that because DG is filming this that the Iolanta must be staged. I'm certainly hoping that's the case. I wouldn't mind that they recorded the Rachmaninoff opera either. I have to think it would be a rarity.

    I'm also glad that DG is thinking about recording "War and Peace" because I have always felt that with Anna and Dmitri we probably have some of the best interpreters of Natasha and Andrei and that it was a shame that their performances were never recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will sing Iolanta also in St. Petersburg, but I am not sure if Rolando will be also there. I assume that the St. Petersburg performance will be before the ones in Baden-Baden.

    War and Peace has to be with Dmitri and Valery!!! Anyone else!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...